Vac Aero International Inc.
For over half a century VAC AERO has been providing the very best in metallurgical services and solutions to clients around the world. Specializing in vacuum processing, VAC AERO is one of the largest subcontract aerospace heat treaters in North America. We hold numerous heat treating, brazing, and quality system approvals from prime manufacturers.
Vac Aero’s Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the completion of maintenance tasks using the highest level of quality, safety, and effectiveness to ensure production requirements can be met. In addition to performing maintenance tasks, this position requires management and coordination of the activities of maintenance employees, contractor, and vendors.
- Report directly to the General Manager.
- Administer and promote the company safety program to ensure a safe work environment.
- Investigate, report, provide and implement corrective actions for all safety and environmental incidents/near misses.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is being performed on all equipment and building.
- Ensure all unscheduled equipment and building repairs are performed in a timely manner.
- Performance of maintenance tasks and supervision and co-ordination of maintenance employees, contractors and vendors.
- Schedule maintenance shutdowns with production planning.
- On call availability required including nights and weekends.
- Order/purchase maintenance supplies, parts, tools, and equipment.
- Maintain inventory of supplies/parts.
- Schedule annual equipment and plant power inspections.
- Attend daily production meetings.
- Maintain maintenance records including CMMS software.
- Ensure productivity, housekeeping and quality of work standards are maintained within the maintenance department.
- Provide and coordinate training for maintenance employees.
- Promote good relations and communication between maintenance and other departments.
- Minimum of 10 years mechanical or electrical skilled trades experience which includes management experience.
- OR Minimum 10 years mechanical or electrical skilled trades experience which includes management experience.
- Experience in Heat Treating would be an asset.
- Extensive experience in equipment repair (heating elements, pumps, motors, hydraulics, heat exchangers, water systems, fans, etc.).
- Proven experience in executing major work and plant shutdowns.
- In depth knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Strong communicator (both oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact with plant personnel.
- Highly motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable with heights and confined spaces.
Job Type: Full-time