For over 25 years, VAC AERO’s Vacuum Oil Quenching Furnaces have been processing thousands of parts to stringent aerospace standards.
Though the use of high pressure gas quenching for hardening certain alloys that were previously oil quenched has been gaining popularity, Vacuum Oil Quench Furnaces have a significant role to play in the heat treating field. Gas quenching is limited to the hardening of fairly thin sections of a relatively small number of alloys, so Vacuum Oil Quench Furnaces offer an important advantage in a large number of heat treating applications.
Vacuum oil quenching technology is environmentally friendly and offers advantages such as:
- Superior control of surface chemistry compared to salt bath or controlled atmosphere processes.
- Ability to harden thick sections and heavy loads in a wide variety of steels.
- Ability to process finished surfaces without decarburization, so parts processed by vacuum oil quenching do not require plating or protective coatings.
- Quench-related distortion is minimized through uni-directional load transfer to quench tank via high speed elevator.
- Our vacuum oil quench furnaces can be equipped with an optional gas quench capability.